Here is my packing list for the volunteer trip to Tanzania - everything I'll need for a 2 week volunteer experience. Half of our time will be spent in volunteer placements and we've been asked to adhere to a conservative dress code - below-the-knee skirts and covered shoulders (no tank tops, shorts or pants). That makes it tricky to pack lightly - or as lightly as I'd like (I hate lugging). We will need casual wear for after placement and when we go into the village, and neutrals for our safari weekend.
November is the short rainy season with hot, humid temperatures, but cooler nights out on the land.
I am listing every item that (right now) is slotted for packing. I may pare it down when it comes to stuffing it into the suitcase. But for now it is stacked neatly in a laundry basket.
When I return I will let you know how it all worked out. I'll find out if I packed the right stuff.
In my large sized rolling duffel:
- 1 pair of cargo pants (safari)
- 1 crop khaki pants
Packing List for Kenya 2010 - Keeping it Light!
- 1 pair of cargo pants
Now that I am back I would have made the following changes:
- forgot to bring sunscreen/moisturizer for my lips (Burt's Beeswax lip balm)
- would bring an extra pair of sunglasses (cause I went through 3 pair)
- gets cold at night so an extra long sleeved t shirt would be handy
- linen scarf came in really handy for warmth and for dressing up the tshirts for dinner
- the Ginger Gravol came in handy for sharing with the other guests ... car rides were a little "unsettling" for some