Thursday, June 24, 2010

Million Things To Do - Milliseconds Left

It's not like we didn't know it was coming ... it's only been in the works for two years or so. Why then do I find myself with 7 days to go - a cottage closing, high school prom, graduation ceremonies and a national holiday sandwiched in between - with an arm's length list of  "to  do's"? Why does it always come down to the millisecond with trip preparations?? That is spelled  p-r-o-c-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-o-n  or maybe it's just b-u-s-y. 

So I just have get our ginormous shipment of pharmaceutical prescriptions filled, start the malaria meds, buy that all important insect repellent (maybe I can just wrap myself in tent net), do our laundry, and lose the recent addition to the midriff (the I-knew-I-should-skip-the-bumbleberry-pie-AND-shortcake 5 pounds) so I can squeeze myself into my clothes. Note to self: pack safety pins. Then I have to make a gazillion copies of our "documents" and kill a small forest in the process, update make a will, organize our money, find that darn money belt, hunt down our camera chargers.

I am going to make a list of everything I pack so I can check back and see what worked and didn't. Looking forward to travelling light with no blower dryers etc; and containing it to 30 pounds and a medium sized duffel.  I did this when we took a catamaran trip in the B.V.I and it is liberating not to worry about what you are wearing (comfort rules!) or glamming it up - not that I spend enough alot of time in that department anyway ...

Darcy has promised me that she will be fully packed before the weekend. Uh-huh .... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment